Center for Disability Services / SNAP
The Center for Disability Services is dedicated to
- Ensuring that all programs and services of the College of Charleston are accessible;
- Providing reasonable and effective accommodations while promoting independence in the student;
- Offering educational opportunities to students, faculty and staff that enhance understanding of the various types of disabilities, promoting an environment respectful of all;
- Serving as a resource center for faculty, staff, students and the community.
- Provides assistance and guidance to students with a documented disability to ensure equal access to all programs and services of the College.
More information about the SNAP program can be found in our brochure and our presentation in printable pdf format.
- SNAP / Disability Services is located in the Lightsey Center
- 900 students in the SNAP program of the 11,000 enrolled students at the College of Charleston
- Any student with a documented disability
- "...a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities".
The Americans with Disabilities Act and its 2008 Amendments (ADAAA) definition
- Reasonable and appropriate accommodations specific to individual needs based on the psychoeducational assessment or medical documentation
- Communication with instructors, upon request, to heighten their awareness of individual student needs and to seek appropriate accommodations
- Alternative courses to the math/logic and foreign language requirement if need is documented by psychoeducational assessment or medical documentation
Please note: If math is considered to be an essential component of the major, alternatives to the math/logic requirement may not be used.
- Assistive Technology: hardware and software students may need to have access to classroom content and activities
Have you encountered a barrier to access on campus?
Please report any barriers you may encounter with this Barrier Notification Form.
- Service to others to give back joy and hope.
- Positive relationships with Faculty, Staff and Students.
- Excellent customer service.
- Respect for others' values.
- Value everyone's individuality and uniqueness.
- Friends and family support and imparting of confidence.
- Environmental stewardship.